Thursday, July 27, 2017

Eharmony vs. Match Tips

 In terms of success, I got a lot better success rate in talking to women on Match.com or Yahoo Personals than I ever did on eHarmony.  The problem with eHarmony I found was they sent me a lot of matches that didn't meet many of my physical desires.  Personally, I'm not attracted to big women and they sent me a lot of big women. I'd say in about 6 months of using that one, I probably had 10 dates from it and it paid off in the end because I met the girl of my dreams, but I was thinking about canceling it at the time lol.

Match.com, I met quite a few - I'd have 3-5 dates lined up per WEEK.  Not many of those worked out for long-term things, but that's just because it was more like the real world...you're not gonna hit it off with every girl you date.  Tricks that worked well for me - get some great pictures done.  I actually have a buddy that does some photography and we spent a day just getting some pro-quality shots, which caused my profile to get hits at a crazy level.  I couldn't believe it, but the pictures are a HUGE part of it.  Second thing, make your profile cool...change it so you seem interesting, active, and fun.  Don't just put stuff like "I like to snowboard, hang out with friends, and enjoy life."  That's sort of boring BS and won't get a girl to be interested. 

Do something like - "Hey, my schedule can be crazy - I can be found shredding the mountains on by the board, dressed up in style and having a drink with friends at a classy joint, or reading a great book while enjoying a nice glass of wine.  I'm not searching for a girl to sweep me off my feet, but if she comes around...maybe she can turn me into a great husband!"  Couple notes with this - you've given visual cues which help a woman relate emotionally to you (excitement with the boarding, fun with the being dressed up at a nice place, and romantic...wine/book etc).  You can turn ANYTHING into something like that if you work it a little.  Just sit down and write out things you like to do, then think about how you could use words to convey the FEELING, not necessarily the activity.  For example, you like to travel.  Rather than say "I love to travel", say something like "One of my passions is exploring the world - the excitement of going to a place I've never been, experiencing the culture first-hand, seeing incredible sights; that's something you can't beat.  If you aren't a boring person that sits at home in front of the TV all day, why don't you hop in and come with me?"  Don't be afraid to directly challenge women either.  Be direct - if you don't want a person that never goes to the gym, put it in your profile - I used to put, "I probably won't get along with someone that hates physical activities.  I love going to the gym and won't work well with someone that complains that I'm working out and not on the couch watching the latest Desperate Housewives show with her."  Be assertive with what you want, but also make yourself a challenge.  Say stuff like "Can you keep up with me?" or "If I find the right woman, I might settle down."



No comments:

Post a Comment